July 24, 2012

THE REMANCIPATION OF IMMI

We're only halfway through this year but 2012 has already unwittingly seen a radical change in my personal style. Premeditating what my new look needs to be like never works out. When I consciously decide I want to be minimal chic like a Scandinavian table in an empty white room, I end up wearing a paisley scarf, coral trousers and a stripey jumper. Ordering yourself to look a certain way is not the way to go, apparently. But imagine my surprise when I look in the mirror this week and see myself wearing a varsity jack, a white tee, baggy denim and ACTUAL RUNNING SHOEZ. I wasn't going running, you guys. I've gone from being little mister dandy prep - wearing bow ties, dinner jackets and front-pleat trousers to the supermarket - to looking like a high school jock. I've also bought a bad-ass leather motorcycle jacket and got my ear pierced this year. What's next? A red sports car (or mountainbike, more likely)? Clearly I've been going through a quarter-life crisis, but I now embrace this new-found love for the casual fashions. I guess this summer I'll be Streetwise Immi, and it so happens I've found the perfect clothes to tide me over till the next existential turnaround.
Firstly, a giant shout-out to KENZO. I've become extremely engrossed by the aesthetic Carol and Humberto have established for the brand. And how sick are their collaborations with New Era (totally shaving off my hair so I can actually put one of their caps on my head) or Vans?







Kenzobsessed.
I'm also after this great colour-blocked, laid-back jersey ensemble by H&M Trend Collection. I first saw this on Mike of  Cup of Couple and have been wanting it ever since:

And what about this ASOS parrot backpack? I mean.

Nike (obv)

Olympic chic in APC !
SUPER shadez
What about you, have you seen a change in your style recently? Let me know in the comment box!

No comments: