March 18, 2012

ME GUSTA DAVIDELFIN

I first heard about David Delfin when I was stuffing my face with sugary filth and watching MTV's 'The City'. OMG I MISS THIS SERIES I MISS WHITNEY PORT AND HER NON-PROBLEMS AND THAT BITCH OLIVIA STOLE WHIT'S CREDIT WITH DVF AND BRUNETTE ERIN IS SUCH A SLUT LOL AND KELLY HAHA SO RUDE AND I WISH I COULD SCOWL LIKE BLONDE ERIN.
But that's beside the point. Delfin was one of Kelly Cutrone's clients on the show and I instantly liked his designs. I soon saw more of his work featured regularly on one of my favourite blogs, Kate Loves Me. No one wears Davidelfin like his muse / collaborator Pelayo, and he really got me hooked on the Spanish designer's work. Delfin can work magic with a plain shirt or top, making it beautiful even from the back:
Davidelfin is also all about print, colour blocking and asymmetry:
SS12
AW12
How badly does that leopard print need to be in my life? Let me tell you: very badly.
I hope to own one of his pieces soon, I'm confident Delfin is going to be the one to put modern Spanish fashion on the map. His clothes excite and intrigue me. I feel so little excitement when I go through some high street stores these days. I feel like all the risk-taking and trend-setting design is reserved for the women's department, and men get stuck with sullen basics. I just pray a certain Spanish megabrand (not naming names here, but it doesn't take a genius to figure this out) can draw some inspiration from Davidelfin and confer some of the effort they put in the amazing womenswear collection to the men's clothes upstairs. Print, colour and interesting cuts shouldn't just be reserved for girls. I want to feel frisson, not frustration! So here's to David Delfin, and to Pelayo Diaz. For inspiring me, and for showing the world men can be frivolous yet masculine.

All images copyright of Pelayo Diaz Zapico and Davidelfin

No comments: